One of my favorite sets in the 2020 January – June Mini Catalog is Honey Bee. It coordinates with the Detailed Bees dies and will be one of the sets retiring on June 2, 2020. The Golden Honey DSP was a Sale-A-Bration gift at the $50 level and is no longer available but there is still a way to receive a pack of this gorgeous paper. See the contest below for all the details!
I didn’t stamp too much on this card because I wanted the detail in the DSP to showcase the card. Also I didn’t use the dies so it is perfect for a beginning or casual stamper. To step it up you could die cut the bee on the front and attach with dimensionals to give it some depth.
For the card base I didn’t use a full piece of cardstock. When closed it gives the illusion of a full card but when you open the flap you have the greeting hiding behind the bee and another layer of DSP with ribbon so the inside is as pretty as the front.
- Basic Black cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 6 3/8″, score at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White cardstock 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ – cut two
- Gold Foil – 2″ x 5 3/8″ and 2 5/8″ x 2 5/8″
- Black Foil – 2 5/8″ x 2 5/8″
- Black & Gold Honeycomb DSP 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Bee and flower DSP 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Gold metallic-edge ribbon 5″
- Stamp the bee on a small Whisper White square using Black Stazon ink with the greeting above. Color the bee body with a Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write marker. Add some shimmer to the wings with Wink of Stella.
- Stamp the flowers on the other Whisper White square again using the Stazon ink. Color with the Crushed Curry marker.
- To create the coordinating black ribbon, lay the ribbon on your grid paper, place a sheet of cardboard behind it. Taking a Basic Black blend color the Gold Edged ribbon, set aside to dry. Since the Blends are alcohol based they dry pretty quick. This works for any light colored ribbon, using this technique you can always have ribbon to match your projects!
- Attach the honeycomb DSP to the gold foil panel and then place on the flap on the left of the card front
- Attach the bee panel to the gold foil square then attach to the flap in the center as shown, taking care to only put adhesive on the RIGHT side. That way the card will open.
- Wrap the ribbon around the bee and floral DSP attaching to the panel in the back. Attach entire panel to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the inside greeting to the black foil square then to the center of the card, making sure the outer greeting completely covers this panel. This will hide the “surprise” for the recipient.
Try using the ribbon technique and fold with other stamp sets and Designer Series Paper, I would love to see what you come up with! Send me your creations and I will display them in my customer gallery!
How to win a package of the Golden Honey DSP
- purchase the Honey Bee Bundle or the Honey Bee Stamp Set and
- use Hostess code DJPSQ474 when placing your order and
- you will be placed into a drawing to win a package of Golden Honey DSP!
BONUS: When using the Hostess Code DJPQ474 and placing an order $35 or more you will receive a DSP sampler pack as a free gift as a thank you for supporting my business!
The winner will be announced on June 3rd and the DSP pack will be shipped to the address on your order. Be sure to place your order soon, retiring products are only available until June 2, 2020 or while supplies last.
If you have any questions on the project featured, please let me know. I would be happy to help!
~Making the world a happier place, one card at a time