During the month of August, Stampin’ Up! is offering a limited edition stamp set, framelits and watercolor pencils in ten new colors!!
The stamp set Blended Season, has beautiful line images perfect for coloring and will take you from season to season to meet all your card and project needs! Now step it up and add the gorgeous Stitched Season framelits featuring three sizes of stitched frames, flowers, leaves, a cute ribbon and cut outs for the bell. Now add in the ten watercolor pencils now available in several of the new colors and you will be on your way to creating beautiful cards for every season!
The stamp set and framelits are being offered separately or save 10% and get the bundle. The watercolor pencils are sold separately, and may be in a catalog in the future but the stamp set and framelits are limited edition and avaialble until August 31, 2018 or while supplies last. And to get more for your stamping dollar Stampin’ Up! has their Bonus Days promotion back and to celebrate I am going to double Jo’s Rewards Dollars during August.
Now on to today’s card share!!
For this card I decided to go a different route with the little bell. It really screams Christmas but I was thinking it would be perfect for a wedding card!
I love the color purple and so I went with my wedding colors for this card. My bridesmaids wore tea length dresses that were black with beautiful purple hydrangeas on them. Here is a semi-close up of the dress. On a side note my husband Brian and I just celebrated or 25th wedding anniversary on July 24th so I had to add the silver foil paper to the card for that milestone! And of course I always have to add a little glitz to my cards and Wink of Stella is my go to when I want a touch of bling!
- Run the silver foil through the 3D Dynamic Tufted embossing folder. I love the elegant look of this folder, it’s great for a variety of cards! Then attach to the Basic Black panel and then to the Highland Heather card base.
- Using the Stitched Season medium frame cut the shape from Highland Heather cardstock, then run through the Subtle 3D Dynamic embossing folder. I did it this order so the lines from the embossing wouldn’t flatten out when running through the plates of the Big Shot.
- Cut the smaller stitched frame from Whisper White cardstock and stamp the greeting using Highland Heather ink. Splatter Wink of Stella all over the cut out by hitting it against your hand. This will make a light spray of shimmer! Make sure you put down scrap paper first it does go everywhere!!
- Using Staz-On black ink stamp three bells. Color with Gorgeous Grape, Smoky Slate and Basic Black watercolor pencils. Using a blender pen with a very light touch blend so there are no lines. Go over the top of each using Wink of Stella and add a pearl on the clapper of the bell.
- Cut each bell out using the frame from the Stitched Season framelits and attach to the Whisper White panel as shown using glue dots. Attach Whisper White shape to Highland Heather shape using dimensionals and then to card front again with dimensionals.
- Add Whisper White panel on the inside of the card.
- Highland Heather Cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ for card base
- Highland Heather scrap large enough for medium frame
- Basic Black 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Silver foil 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Whisper White 4″ x 5 1/4″ (for inside of card)
- Whisper White scrap pieces for bells and small frame
I hope you have enjoyed this card! As always if you have any questions please let me know!
Be sure to join my e-mail club! You will receive a monthly newsletter, videos and specials, just for club members and more!
If you would like to get a notification each time I post a project share, specials from Stampin’ Up! or myself, class schedules or video tutorials, please make sure you click “Follow By Email” at the top of this post. That way you won’t miss a thing!
As always, please feel free to share any post on Pinterest or Facebook! If you are interested in attending classes or any of my all day events be sure to visit my events page for a current schedule.
Making the world a happier place, one card at a time!
Additional Specials for August:
From Stampin’ Up!:
Bonus Days Are back!!
For every $50 you spend you will receive a $5 coupon to use in September! What a great way to get your holiday stamps and accessories!! There is no limit on the number you can earn. Why not stock up on cardstock and inks from the Annual catalog in August then redeem your coupons in September when the NEW Holiday catalog goes live!!
Double Rewards Dollars!!
For every $25 you spend earn $2 towards your FREE set instead of the usual $1. Click here for complete rules and how to redeem your rewards!